09/03/2021 0 Comments
Dealing with Severe Knee Pain
Severe knee pain is a condition that most people will experience in the course of their lives. The question is how do you begin to deal with knee pain? You can do simple stretches and exercises at home or stop into our Winnipeg physiotherapy clinic but the best thing is knowledge. Harbourview Therapy covers all things knees below.
Severe Knee Pain Diagnosis
Severe knee pain can hamper your daily routine but many recover from this condition. The most important part is isolating the knee as the problem before ways to deal with severe knee pain.
Knee Pain Diagnosis Criteria:
- Motion: a limited range of motion, difficulty walking, and limited flexibility.
- Performance: problems performing normal tasks, special tasks like sports, or balance issues.
- Pain: severe knee pain when resting or during certain movements.
All the signs lead a physical therapist to the conclusion that you’re experiencing severe knee pain, whether it’s from a knee injury or something else. There are a few types of knee pain:
- Anterior knee pain
- Lateral knee pain
- Medial knee pain
- Pain caused by an injury like a ligament tear or a condition like osteoarthritis
Dealing with Knee Pain
Knee pain doesn't need to affect your daily routine. It's important to know that, even with severe knee pain diagnosis, there are many effective strategies that range from home remedies to seeking professional help like a physiotherapist. Here’s generally how it goes for those dealing with severe knee pain:
- Low-Impact Cardio: You may not want to move your knee while you’re experiencing the results of a knee injury, but too much stillness keeps the muscles from being able to recover quickly.
- Stretches: Especially in cases of severe knee pain, it’s best to consult a specialist to figure out which stretches you can use to help yourself.
- Physical Therapy: A physical therapist will be trained to help you with all sorts of pain, chronic or otherwise. Their goal is to work with your personal problems and find solutions through a combination of clinical work at at-home treatments.
Consult an Expert Therapist Today
Harbourview Therapy is dedicated to helping those dealing with knee pain and all other sorts of pain. Our therapists have helped clients recover from knee pain and countless other chronic pain issues through expert knowledge and dedicated care.